WELCOME!

I am a God-lovin', husband-huggin', kid-growin', bubble-blowin', picture-takin', diaper-changin', house-cleanin', Bible-readin', kid-watchin', clothes-washin', craft-makin', cookie-bakin', grocery-shoppin', blog-stalkin', wall-paintin', decoratin', SAHMin', WAHMin', mother of three...and loving every bit of it!

Easy Kitchen Clean-Up

Yesterday was a crazy day! Scott forgot his wallet so I loaded the kids in the car to head up to the city. As I backed out of the drive, I knew something was wrong. I pulled back into the drive and walked around the van and "AHHH!", the front passenger wheel was flat as flat can get. My neighbor came to the rescue and got the spare on.(Thanks, Mr. C!) Then, as I was on the highway, I heard the dreaded "chink" of a rock hitting the windshield. I totally broke down. WHY ME???? WHY TODAY???? It seemed God was mocking me as all my favorite songs on K-LOVE were playing. I changed my attitude. I guess it's good as any day to get a star since I'm heading to the shop anyway. So...I spent the rest of the afternoon with the kiddos and Missy at the Dodge dealership (thanks for coming and reminding me to keep Satan out of it...it being my life). The windshield actually cost more than the tire to get fixed (ha!). We did get to go eat with the in-laws, which is always nice.
So today...
When I woke up, the house looked like a tornado hit the house. We were gone all day Saturday and took it easy on Sunday and yesterday happened...and the house showed it. I immediately went into shut down mode until I remembered something that I used to use to help me clean up. I am a list person and used to have these lists to help with each room. I think I borrowed them from a mixture of Elizabeth Elliot and Flylady (there's one more lady. mom, do you know?) and expanded according to my need. Here's the list for after meals. I hope all mom's find helpful. I'll add some other rooms later.
Kitchen Clean-Up
1. Pray for a good attitude of house blessing (sounds much better than cleaning)
2. Turn on Some Good Music
3. Unload Dishwasher (if not done already. mine is always full.)
4. Clear and Wipe Table
5. Fill pots and pans and leave to soak.
6. Put all food where it belongs.
7. Spray everything with spray cleaner.
8. Carry out garbage and replace trash liner (just if needed).
9. Wipe away cleanser and rinse pots and pans.
10. Sweep, vacuum, or damp mop floor.
Voila! Clean Kitchen!
Now get yourself a cool drink and relax!

No comments: