WELCOME!

I am a God-lovin', husband-huggin', kid-growin', bubble-blowin', picture-takin', diaper-changin', house-cleanin', Bible-readin', kid-watchin', clothes-washin', craft-makin', cookie-bakin', grocery-shoppin', blog-stalkin', wall-paintin', decoratin', SAHMin', WAHMin', mother of three...and loving every bit of it!

no guarantees

My Aunt Nina, who had just arrived at Grandma's house after spending some time with Grandpa at the hospital, plopped down on the couch with a sigh and started telling a story. If you know anything about my dad's family, you know the stories are usually "Korfanized". After looking that up in the dictionary you may find that it means : over-exaggerated or maybe : the truth stretched a little told by a member of the Korf family. I braced myself for yet another story but what she said stuck with me a little longer than a normal Korf story.


She started with updating us all Grandpa's current condition and how he had lost his voice so it was hard to hear him. Then she got real quiet, "You know? Dad said something real interesting tonight." He motioned for me to come close so I leaned down my ear and he whispered with scratchy voice, 'Nina, my days are numbered, aren't they?'. I replied, 'Well, gosh, Dad, I think all our days are numbered,' and that was the end of that conversation. I didn't really think about what he said until the ride over here. But hey," she said standing and patting her thighs noting she was about ready to go, "We all better make our peace with God and make the most of each day because none of us are guaranteed tomorrow."

I share this story because I thought it fit in so well with this family session. When this mom e-mailed me, I was so honored because I have heard so much about her, which has never been bad. She is very active in her MOMS Club and the community. She basically told me they want pictures of the family in a natural setting to record them as themselves and not just the cheesy smiles (which definately have a place.) She wanted the pictures to reflect their personalities and lifestyle so the kids know how much they are loved now and forever.


I hope I captured some great moments and your family had fun, J.

a little sunflare shining on the family :)
Wouldn't you know, I ran out of space for photos on my blog. I bought more but it won't be available for 24 hours. I hope you can stand the suspense :) More to come from the park...

No comments: