WELCOME!

I am a God-lovin', husband-huggin', kid-growin', bubble-blowin', picture-takin', diaper-changin', house-cleanin', Bible-readin', kid-watchin', clothes-washin', craft-makin', cookie-bakin', grocery-shoppin', blog-stalkin', wall-paintin', decoratin', SAHMin', WAHMin', mother of three...and loving every bit of it!

little bit of light...

I used to be really bad about comparing myself to other moms and still have to catch myself often. If there was any advise I could give a new mom it would be to not compare yourself or your children. My life is pretty crazy with three little ones and now with adding photography I started comparing myself to other photographers. There is always something Satan will "bug" you with to get under your skin and focus on yourself rather than on God and others.

I love this from Sarah Jane's Blog:
I see artists all around me who seem to just "do it all." But then I realize:
They aren't changing diapers at 6:30 am. (the neighbor boys got here at 6:30)
Or playing dress-ups at 7:30am. (that sound like fun)
Or cleaning crayon off the walls at 8am. (that just happened to me right now...haha!)
Or feeding breakfast to two hungry toddlers at 8:30am. (5 hungry kiddos!)
Or going on library trips at 10 am. (library?)
Or doing 15 bajillion loads of laundry at 1 pm. (i just had to strip the couch due to a gatorade spill)
Or scrubbing bathrooms at 2 pm. (did that one yesterday)
Or building wooden block villages at 3 pm. (the living room is covered in legos)
Or going to the park at 4 pm. (been there this morning)
Or making dinner at 5 pm and drawing a bath at 6 pm with kids in bed at 7pm. (we attempt to get them in bed by 8 but that's a stretch some nights.)

Just some shots from the playground this morning. I do try to get pictures of Simon. A new friend I met at the party over the weekend reminded me how amazing 3-year-olds are. They are always in their own little world. I needed that reminder and reassurance as Simon is fully 3-year-old ;)

We're in that "anything you can do..." stage with the two older boys. it can get pretty intense around here.



and in case you didn't get enough...


and one of Simon from our trip back from Window Rock because I love him too. We stopped at a store near the Petrified Forest because I wanted to see how much a big piece of petrified wood for our front yard costs...it's expensive. It sounded like a good idea. I love this picture of him. He was so excited.

No comments: